In B2B SaaS sales, you know that demos are essential to closing deals. However, many sales reps make the mistake of thinking that all demos are created equal. In reality, there is a lot of nuance involved in giving a great software demo. In this blog post, we will discuss tips for nailing your next software demo!
The sales demo is your sales funnel’s most important step, and it can make or break your deals because it allows you to showcase how your product will solve problems for customers. Product demos are also an opportunity to establish trust between yourself as the salesperson and the potential buyer.
It is not your customer’s job to remember you. It is your obligation and responsibility to make sure they don’t have the chance to forget you.Patricia Fripp
How to Give a Good Software Demo
So, how can you make sure your software demo is successful? Here are some tips:
- Make sure your demo is relevant to your buyer. Don’t give a generic product demo; instead, tailor it to the specific needs of the person you’re speaking with.
- Don’t focus too much on features; instead, talk about how they can help solve problems or meet needs for buyers. Software demos should be more than just feature lists! Software demos should always be customized to fit your buyer’s needs, and you’ll need to make sure that you’ve done enough preparation to answer any questions they might have.
Context is clearly key when it comes to giving great software demos. Here are a few ways to find out what problems your prospects may be facing:
- Ask questions about their current workflows and how your software can help improve them.
- Take a look at their sales funnel and see where in the process a demo would be most helpful.
- See what content they’ve already consumed about your product. Use their most researched content to customize your demo to ensure you are showing them how to solve similar problems.
- Software demos often involve answering questions that buyers have already had (and not just what you think they might want to know). Use the answers to these questions as a guide for your next demo’s content, or for content you can send as follow-up. Software demos should always be customized to fit your buyer’s needs, and you’ll need to make sure that you’ve done enough preparation to answer any questions they might have.
- Pay attention to your buyer’s body language and reactions. If they seem uninterested, bored, or confused, take a step back and figure out why. Maybe you need to further explain how your software can solve their specific problems.
- Make sure you have a solid understanding of your buyer’s needs before giving your demo. If you can show that you’re knowledgeable about their business and the challenges they face, it will help build trust between the two of you.
The bottom line is that if you want to close more deals, you need to give great software demos. By following the tips we’ve outlined above, you can make sure that your demo is relevant to your buyer and tailored to their needs. As a result, you’ll be able to establish trust and move closer towards sealing the deal!
If you follow these tips, you’ll be well on your way to giving a great software demo that will help seal the deal with potential buyers! Want to learn more about how Saleo can help you close more demos with personalization? Request a demo today.